help Alternate row colors in a break | SAP BusinessObjects

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Alternate row colors in a break

Some days ago I had the requirement to show alternate row colors in a break.
In fact that I was missing a SCN-Entry about this - there we go:

(I am using BO 4.0)

Requirement:
req.png

Solution:

1. I create a variable RunningSwitcher with following definition:
  1. =RunningCount(LineNumber();([Project]))  

This gives me a number starting at 1 for each line of one project:
running_switcher.png

2. next I created a variable ProjectSwitcher with following definition:
  1. =If(LineNumber()=1;1;If([RunningSwitcher]<>1;Previous(Self);Previous(Self)+1))   

This variable gives me the same number for each project starting by 1:
switcher_color.png

3. a variable which checks if the ProjectSwitcher is even or odd to get one number for each even row and another for each odd row:
  1. =Mod([ProjectSwitcher];2)   

breakColor.png

4 & last step: I created a conditional formatting on the last variable which just set a gray background color if the row number is 0:
conditional.PNG

That's it!

As a result I got this:
result.PNG



Orignal Post :http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-web-intelligence/blog/2013/11/11/alternate-row-colors-in-a-break

0 comments:

Post a Comment